Lecturer in Applied Data Science
School of Informatics
City University London
tel: +44 20 7040 8415
fax: +44 20 7040 8845
I am a Lecturer in Applied Data Science at the giCentre. My research focuses on the tight integration of interactive visualizations, data analysis techniques and supporting exploratory knowledge and capabilities of experts. I have a background in computer science, visualization and computer graphics. I obtained a PhD in visualization (University of Bergen), MSc. (Sabanci Uni., Istanbul), and BSc. (METU, Ankara) in Computer Science. During my PhD, I had the privilage to work with Helwig Hauser from University of Bergen. During 2013, I served as a visiting research fellow at Harvard University. Since December 2013, I am based at City University London. You can download my CV here.
- New H2020 Grant, August 2016
- We have secured a EC H2020 grant (~€3.5m) for a project titled DiSIEM: "Diversity Enhancement for Security Information and Event Management Systems". I am one of the co-investigators of the project and will research on how visualisation can help cyber security experts in their decision making processes.
- New project with Redsift, January 2016
- I am starting a new exciting project with the London-based technology company Redsift. The project is titled "Unravelling email data through interactive visual data analysis " and will investigate ways the role of interactive visual analysis within e-Discovery practices.
- Dagstuhl Seminar, March 2015
- I attended a Dagstuhl seminar on "Bridging Information Visualization with Machine Learning" early this March. A very interesting week and hopefully some material soon to follow up on this event.