This is an old version of LandSerf. For the latest release please visit www.landserf.org
LandSerf 2.2: Changes Since 2.1
- Improved USGS import can now read 1 degree (3 arc-second resolution) DEMs in addition to 7.5 minute resolution.
- Improved robustness of NTF vector reader. Now reads Ordnance Survey Profile contour files in addition to other NTF data.
- Can now read terragen .ter files and improved terragen export that clips/pads to the nearest 2^n+1 pixels.
- Can now read GTOPO30 files without need for manual conversion.
- Can now read SRTM30Plus files (1km resolution global DEM and bathymetry).
- Fractal dimension and log-log variogram added to statistical summary.
- Shapefile import now reads full set of attributes, not just IDs. Improved handling of shapefiles with large numbers of parts in single line/polygon.
- TIFF import can now read in a much wider range of files including PackBits compressed images, GeoTIFFs, little-endian images.
- Process intensive operations can now be paused or cancelled by clicking on the progress bar. TIN creation can saved when partially completed.
- Interactive query of vector objects now graphically highlights selected vector.
- The surface profile tool can now display profiles along an interactively selected vector object.
- Projection information now transferred to new spatial objects when combining primary and secondary objects that use the same projection.
- Vector digitizing now has an 'auto increment' facility making it easier to add a sequence of points. Improved visual feedback while digitizing.
- New vertical exaggeration option added to shaded relief calculation (useful for low relief surfaces).
- Image output now creates an image of entire selected spatial objects at full resolution, not just a 'screen dump' of current zoomed view.
- MacOSX version can now use native 'Aqua' look and feel.
- Improved flexibility in creating text attributes from the attribute table window.
- Numerous minor improvements in the GUI
- Improved efficiency of vector display and remove flicker when overlaying vector on raster in 3d viewer. New vector depth options in 3d viewer.
- 3d viewer now correctly calculates surface height at triangle vertices.
- Reprojection now correctly transforms from UTM to lat/long in the southern hemisphere.
- Reprojection of rasters now provide better estimate of new corner coordinates for trapezoidal reprojections.
- Summary statistics now deal more elegantly with a out of memory error (only affects large rasters with high precision variation).
- Improved reliability of vector clipping (subset) for lines that intersect with clipping area.
- Removed bug where editing rasters and vectors can create duplicate 'hidden' copies of original unedited spatial objects. Edited object now moved to end of thumbnail list.
- Graph axes now use better selection of rounded labels.
- .srf and .vec files formats are no longer dependent on Java version.
- Removed bug whereby creating new vector without attribute table caused a null pointer exception if vector display set to display labels.
- Removed 99 cell maximum window size for multi-scale query. Corrected bug that generated error when performing multi-scale query of rasters with irregular null values.
- Removed bug that sometimes prevented point density calculation from being selected from menu.
- Help files now display in browser on MacOSX and Linux.
- Keyboard shortcuts on MacOSX now accessible via standard command key.
- Removed bug where some floating point numbers displayed with minor precision rounding errors in attribute table window.
- Numerous other minor bug fixes and improvements in error reporting.
API Changes/Enhancements (for Programmers)
- Added simple .prj (projection file) reading method to
- Added linear trendline option to scatterplot display API.
JWPriorityQueue to sort elements (if possible) as well as by priority.
- Added a dBase II reader to the
utils package (useful for shapefile import).
- Exposed collection of rasters/vectors stored in a
GISFrame via new interface methods
getVectorMaps() (allows non-primary/secondary spatial objects to be retrieved).
- Updated API documentation to make the use of LSThread classes clearer.
- Added accessor methods for spatial objects created in processing classes without the need to retrieve via a GISFrame.
LSThread so that if
doProcessing() is called directly (ie not through the threaded
run() method), messages are still displayed to standard error output.
SimpleGISFrame to expose collection of all objects added to frame.
GUIFrame to ensure that
setVectorMap methods set object to one not already added, it is added to the collection.
- Added methods for non-recursive search of XML DOMs in the
checkStoppedThread() added to
LSThread to allow processes to be interrupted cleanly.
- Improved parsing of HTML/XHTML by
ImprovedHTMLKit in the
utils package. Now parses XHTML tags and can produce an error log of problems with validation.
makeTippedTextField() to the
ComponentFactory to allow the contents of text fields to be displayed in their own tooltip.
AttributeTable from inheriting the Swing class
AbstractTableModel to composing it. Made the composed object transient so that changes in Java version do not compromise serialization.
- 3d viewer now uses Jogl 1.1 b10 with improved stability for ATI graphics cards.
- Numerous minor improvements to API documentation.